Thursday, November 8, 2012

WORK IN PROGRESS

I've been away from my blog for too long!  Sorry for the brief hiatus all - I'm back.

Just wanted to express where I'm at (headspace-wise) right now.

I've had a love for all things beautiful for a loooong time.  My aunt was a fashion buyer for a major department store when I was growing up and some of my best memories are opening up the boxes of clothes she would send me.  They were always a season ahead of time and most definitely samples that we had to hairspray the sample stamps from. (LOL)  We'd coordinate outfits together and she'd explain to me the difference between "trendy" and "classics".  She was everything to me and the first person I shared my love of fashion with.  Looking back I don't think I'd ever been happier; and it is this reason why I have decided it's time in my life to do more of what I love.

Flash forward - Over the years I've spent a small fortune on fashion magazines.  Foreign and domestic.  I've logged serious hours online shopping (and window shopping), viewing slideshows of runway shows I've yet to have the pleasure of attending, and reading up on blogs and trend reports.  I seek out inspiration in stores, fabric shops, gardens, and the ever-addicting Instagram. (By the way, follow me: claudiacohencolon.)

So with all that said, I am trying to announce this:

I am adding stylist/personal shopper to my résumé.

I am pulling together my resources and getting all the legalities worked out as I type.  And the most fun part of it all - designing my own business cards. :)

More news as I get it...

Thank you to all who read this and hopefully get something as meaningful from this, albeit neglected, blog as I do. 

XOXO







No comments:

Post a Comment